Bananas are often unfairly overlooked in favor some new tropical fruit that’s supposedly “the next big thing”. But, besides being delicious, bananas contain essential vitamins, minerals, fiber and natural sugars such as fructose and sucrose. Eating them regularly will surely improve your health condition.
Bananas are the most consumed fruit in the USA, having beaten apples and oranges to the top spot. They are cheap, so people buy them in bunches and eat them for a week. They are greenish at the start, but they ripen and yellow quickly. Eventually, bananas get brown spots on their peel, which are growing big fast. Many people are grossed out by this, thinking the fruit has rotten, but this is not the case with bananas.
Ripe bananas are healthy and contain more TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) than usual. TNF is a cancer fighting substance that can fight tumor cells in the body, assisting communication between cells in our immune system and guiding them towards inflamed parts in our body. According to research, the TNF in ripe bananas inhibits tumor growth and spread, and kills the cancer cells by inducing apoptosis. This gives a boost to our immune system and increases our white blood cell count. So, the next time you see a brown banana, don’t throw it away – eating it will provide a lift to your body.
Bananas have a number of other health benefits in addition to the brown spots and their immune system strengthening qualities. Below are a few of the main ones that bananas can give you, so check it out:
1) Heartburn – Bananas are nature’s anti-acid and can provide relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Soothing relief can happen immediately by eating just one banana and lessen your heartburn symptoms.
2) Anemia – By providing much needed dietary iron, which stimulates red blood cell and hemoglobin production and strengthens the blood supply they can help those with anemia.
3) Energy – Before a workout if you need more energy try eating a banana or two.The vitamins and minerals will support your body and potassium will help to prevent muscle cramps.
4) Ulcers – Many foods are off limits when you suffer from stomach ulcers, but bananas can be eaten without having to worry about whether or not they’ll cause pain. That’s because their smooth, soft, mushy texture coats the stomach lining and protects it against corrosive acids and irritation.
5) Depression – Because they have high levels of tryptophan, which our bodies convert into serotonin they can help overcome depression. A brain neurotransmitter that makes people relax, feel happy, and improves mood is serotonin. Also bananas can help people who fight depression because they can make you feel better.
6) Nerves or PMS – Eat a banana when you’re feeling moody and stressed. Resulting in an overall improved mood they help to regulate blood sugar and are rich in B vitamins, which naturally calms you down and make you feel relaxed.
7) Blood Pressure – Because they are low in sodium and high in potassium, bananas help to lower blood pressure and protect against stroke or heart attack.
8) Temperature Control – Eating a banana on a hot day can cool you off. The same goes if you have a fever.
9) Constipation – Eat a few bananas if you are clogged up. To stimulate regular bowel movements and provide natural relief for constipation they have enough fiber in them.